Kate
William White Ulverston Cumbria 1874
104gt. 82ft.

Hugh bought the two masted schooner KATE together with his father-in-law. Lewis Aldridge in 1911 for four hundred and fifty pounds and he left the SARAH LATHAM to take command of her.  During the 1914-1918 war she was fitted with a six pound gun on the deck becoming a defensively armed merchant ship (DAMS)

In 1920 Kate was fitted with an engine at Porthmadog and in 1922 when Hugh had purchased the ketch IRENE he put his brother William in command of the KATE
Hugh sold KATE in 1928


Reference to Hugh Shaw’s ownership of the KATE is made in his story